Insulation Replacement Peppermint Grove – Perth
Peppermint Grove Insulation replacement can save you money!
How can I save money with new insulation?
Effective roof insulation is an effective way to save money on energy cost both in the winter and in the summer. Help avoid the sting of rising costs in electricity and fuel by making your home more thermally efficient. If you run your air-con a lot but still find that your house just will not stay cool then maybe it is time to replace the insulation with a better quality one.
The saying goes that time is money, but we’d say that energy is money.
When should you replace insulation?
There are a few telltale signs that may indicate that your roof insulation is not working as well as it should. These include:
- When you have to run your air conditioner longer because the rooms in your home are trapping in heat
- When you have to blast your heater to combat the air leaks in your attic
- Noticing higher utility bills month after month
So exactly how much money and thus energy can you save by insulating parts of your home such as your basement, crawlspace, and attic? To answer that, let’s look at the guidance from Energy Star.
Determining your potential savings requires that yours is a “typical” home in the United States. Per the Residential Energy Consumption Survey or RECS through the U.S. Energy Information Administration, Energy Star defines a typical home thusly.
Our expert team can also provide an assessment to provide you what the best options would be to improve your Peppermint Grove home insulation.
Your home was built between 1970 and 1989 and has four bedrooms. The property has a conditioned floor area up to 1,700 feet. Your home uses stick construction such as wooden rafters, joists, and studs. The attics, if they are insulated, feature blown-in insulation while the walls have fiberglass batts.
Roof insulation case study: Clarkson 2007 Home
A 2007 First Home Buyers’ build, the roof insulation remained untouched since construction. The home was a double brick, tin roof with old fibreglass ceiling batts. These had compressed over time and were infested with rodent debris. As they were so old, they offered very little thermal performance (R1.4 estimated).
The cost of works were estimated as
Insulation Removal & Roof Cavity Clean – $1,500
Supply & Install Bradford Gold R5 Batts – $1,960
TOTAL = $3,460
Estimated cost savings after roof insulation works = $540 – $670 p.a.
Estimated ROI = 5-6 years
Local Peppermint Grove Business We Recommend:
- Commercial Refrigeration Repairs Peppermint Grove
- Peppermint Grove Removalist
- Solar Power Peppermint Grove
- Propery Lawyer Peppermint Grove
- BAS Statements
- The ultimate paint protection for Teslas Perth
- Electrical Installation & Repair Peppermint Grove
- Peppermint Grove Sporting Club Point of Sale Solutions
- Emergency Locksmith peppermint-grove
- Attic Insulation Peppermint Grove
- Rubbish Removal Sydney